Getting the Help You Need
While taking online courses, you may occasionally have technical issues and need assistance. It is important for you to know how to find the help that you need.
How to help yourself…
The problem that you are experiencing may be something that you can fix yourself. There are resources available to you that may help you find a solution.
Check these out:
- Click on the Student Help tab above to see a variety of resources that include Best Practices for taking OnlineExams, the Blackboard Student Help manual. how to name files, how to use specific tools in Blackboard, etc.
- Click on Help in the Bb Course menu to access the Blackboard Student Help manual
- Go to the mySU tab in Blackboard to access Hoonuit, which includes video tutorials on multiple topics including Blackboard.
- Click on the Blue Question mark that you will see on the right sight of your screen in Blackboard. This includes help and tutorials specific to where you are in your course.
When to contact your instructor…
You should contact their instructor for problems with course content, including links, quizzes and exams, and grade center information.
Please note: Only instructors can reset an exam if there is a problem. Please do not submit a ticket to Tech Connection if you are disconnected from an exam and locked out. Only your instructor can resolve this problem.
How to contact Tech Connection…
The fastest way to get assistance is from Stevenson University’s Tech Connection during regular business hours. You will receive a response to your request within 1 business day.
To submit a ticket, click on the Blue Question Mark on the right side of your Blackboard course. Scroll to the bottom and click on Email, fill out the short form and submit.
Learn your way around Blackboard
Click on the links below to watch videos that will help you learn where things are in your Blackboard course:
Help with Tests and Assignments in Blackboard
- Best Practices for Taking an Online Exam
- How to Take a Test Online
- How to Submit an Assignment
- Using SafeAssign
- Best Practices for Naming Files
Help with other tools in your Blackboard course
- Blogs – Create and edit entries
- Journals – Create entries and post comments
- Groups – Access and view tools available to your group
- Discussions – Access, manage, and reply to posts
- Wikis – Create and edit a page
- BlueJeans Stevenson Setup – Set up, attend, and host a video conference
- What is BlueJeans?
- 4 Mistakes to Avoid
- Office 365 Stevenson Setup
- What is Office 365 for Business?
- Office 365 Basics
- Office 365 Help and Training